The event will open at 6.30pm with registration for a 7pm start.
- Date & Time: Tuesday, 30th October, 2012 @ 6:30pm for a 7pm start
- End Time: 10:00pm
- Venue: Symantec, 350 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UH.
- Hosted by: Girl Geek Dinners and Symantec
- Food & Drink: Buffet
- Subject for the evening: Special Guests and talk subjects to be announced
- Evenings Agenda:
- Registration 6:30pm
- Start 7pm – Talk/s
- 8:00pm – buffet and networking
- 9:00pm – 10:00pm – close
- Maggie Philbin – Symantec have worked with Maggie over the last 6 months around Teen Tech, and Maggie will join us to talk about Teen Tech and attracting young girls into STEM roles. This also supports a lot of the SWAN and charity work that Symantec and the Girl Geek Dinners movement in the UK carries out.
- Kate Russell – A reporter and journalist, Kate Russell started writing about technology, gaming and the Internet in 1995 and now appears weekly on the BBC’s flagship technology programme Click, as well as being a regular on the sofa at ITV’s Daybreak. She writes technology columns for National Geographic Traveller magazine and Web User magazine as well as curating a daily blog at MyWebDaily.com. Her first book Working the Cloud: a collection of tips, tricks and online resources for small businesses and entrepreneurs, will be published early next year.
- Sian John – Snr Security Advisor, Symantec – Sian will give an overview of the threat landscape
- Carolyn Herzog – Snr Legal Counsel and chair of SWAN will host the session as a senior female Symantec leader
Capacity: 30 people
Attendees: As ever, boy geeks are welcome to attend if invited by a girl geek although on this occasion we do stress that there are few and limited spaces so more boy geeks = less girl geeks.
If you’d like to attend on 30th October, please sign up via the ‘Click and Register’ button, and we’ll see you at the event!