We’re thrilled to announce our next Reading Girl Geek Dinners event which is sponsored by Symantec and will be held at Symantec’s offices in Green Park, Reading.
The event will open at 6.30pm with registration for a 7pm start.
- Date & Time: Tuesday, 30th October, 2012 @ 6:30pm for a 7pm start
- End Time: 10:00pm
- Venue: Symantec, 350 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UH.
- Hosted by: Girl Geek Dinners and Symantec
- Food & Drink: Buffet
- Subject for the evening: Special Guests and talk subjects to be announced
- Evenings Agenda:
- Registration 6:30pm
- Start 7pm – Talk/s
- 8:00pm – buffet and networking
- 9:00pm – 10:00pm – close
- Maggie Philbin – Symantec have worked with Maggie over the last 6 months around Teen Tech, and Maggie will join us to talk about Teen Tech and attracting young girls into STEM roles. This also supports a lot of the SWAN and charity work that Symantec and the Girl Geek Dinners movement in the UK carries out.
- Kate Russell – A reporter and journalist, Kate Russell started writing about technology, gaming and the Internet in 1995 and now appears weekly on the BBC’s flagship technology programme Click, as well as being a regular on the sofa at ITV’s Daybreak. She writes technology columns for National Geographic Traveller magazine and Web User magazine as well as curating a daily blog at MyWebDaily.com. Her first book Working the Cloud: a collection of tips, tricks and online resources for small businesses and entrepreneurs, will be published early next year.
- Sian John – Snr Security Advisor, Symantec – Sian will give an overview of the threat landscape
- Carolyn Herzog – Snr Legal Counsel and chair of SWAN will host the session as a senior female Symantec leader
Capacity: 30 people
Attendees: As ever, boy geeks are welcome to attend if invited by a girl geek although on this occasion we do stress that there are few and limited spaces so more boy geeks = less girl geeks.
If you’d like to attend on 30th October, please sign up via the ‘Click and Register’ button, and we’ll see you at the event!
You must be logged in to post a comment.