While following the usual informal Girl Geek event format, the evening will include talks with the following:
- Deepak Singh, HMRC Acting Chief Information Officer: Deepak’s ExCom (Executive Committee) portfolio comprises Information Management Services. Deepak took on the role of Chief Information Officer (CIO) of HMRC in October 2007. Deepak joined HMRC in June 2006 from T-Mobile where he was an Executive Vice President responsible for IT Strategy, Governance, Quality Management and Change Management. Having graduated from York University in 1985, Deepak has spent over 20 years in the commercial sector and brings to HMRC extensive experience of leading large scale IT enterprises. Deepak’s previous employers include nPower, AstraZeneca, Jaguar Cars and Philips Electronics.
- Joan Wood, Director HMRC Information Management Services (IMS): Joan has headed up IMS Business Partners since January 2008. She has worked in IT within HMRC and previously the Inland Revenue for over ten years. Joan joined the Civil Service as a teenager and has worked at all levels from Administrative Assistant to Senior Civil Servant inclusive in a diverse range of front-line and head office roles.
Many thanks to Alma Kucera at HMRC for helping organise this event.
- Date & Time: Tuesday, 27th January 2009, 5.30pm for a 6pm start
- End Time: The event will finish at 8.30pm, with those interested flowing on to the Red Lion pub directly opposite 100 Whitehall around the corner.
- Venue: HMT Auditorium Left, at HM Treasury Building, Westminster
- Hosted by: Girl Geek Dinners and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Food & Drink: Snacks and refreshments provided
- Subject for the evening: Women Working with Technology at HMRC Men of Honor download
- Format: Reception, Talks, Conversation
- Capacity: 70 people (excluding HMRC attendees)
- Attendees: As ever, boy geeks are welcome to attend if invited by a girl geek
- Directions: Go to the HM Treasury Press entrance on Great George Street at the location marked with a red arrow and ENTRANCE on the below map. HMRC security will then either direct/take you to the appropriate entrance for the event being held in the HM Treasury Auditorium Left. If arriving by tube, leave Westminster Tube using Exit 6 which exits onto Whitehall, turn left at the top of the tube exit stairs, and then turn right onto Great George Street at the corner diagonally opposite the Houses of Parliament. The location should be well illuminated by tourists still taking photos of Big Ben across the road.
If you’d like to attend on 27th January, please sign up via the HMRC GGD sign-up page, and we’ll see you at the event!