As a way of getting the Girl Geeks more involved with the Microsoft community we are opening up a competition that is running alongside DDD, with a prize donated by me.
Firstly; what is DDD? It’s FREE one day events, all about .NET developers learning, sharing and interacting with each other in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. There will be NO Microsoft speakers presenting, just speakers from the UK .NET developer community; although Microsoft kindly donate the space, breakfast and lunch and some of the Microsoft UK Developer Team
on hand to help out and chat to attendees.
What’s the prize? An MSDN “Team Suite” premium subscription for 1 year; basically everything you need for Windows development; Visual Studio Team System, SQL Server, Windows Operating Systems, Office 2007, SDKs and even four support incidents; which, if you buy it, costs just over £8500. You can find out more details on the MSDN subscription pages.
So what do you need to do? Well if you have something you’re passionate about that you want to share with the DDD community submit an abstract. A few things to note;
- DDD only accepts speakers from UK residents, thus this competition is limited to UK residents.
- Only grok talks or 60 minute presentations will be acceptable for this competition
- Because this is to encourage girly geeks in the community you need to be a girl.
- Entering an abstract for the competition does not mean it will be accepted by DDD.
- I only have one subscription to give away.
- You acknowledge that this may be taxed and it is up to you to pay any taxes that may apply.
- This is not an official (or unofficial) competition from Microsoft or the DDD Event Organisers.
- Anyone that moans that it’s a subscription for Microsoft software; or comments that Microsoft are the devil or who uses M$ in a comment will be pointed and laughed at.
The prize will be awarded to a girl geek who has her session accepted and presents it at DDD7. In the event that more than one girly geek submissions are accepted I shall draw names randomly from a metaphorical hat. If no sessions are selected by the community I will draw a name from all session submissions from girl geeks. The winner will announced via the girlygeekdom blog just after DDD7, or if no-one had a talk selected by attendees the announcemen will take place after voting closes on the agenda.
In order to keep track of which submissions are from girl geeks please email the details of your talk to MSDNComp@londongirlgeekdinners.co.uk Ali move once you have submitted it on the DDD website.