We’re thrilled to announce our second 2009 London Girl Geek event which is sponsored by Symantec and will be held at I-Level Search right in the heart of the city.
The event will commence at 6.00pm with some simple networking so do remember to bring your business cards with you. The networking will then follow with group discussions on how to lifehack your way successfully through the current economic downturn. This is an event where you should all bring your best and brightest ways to shine with you…Be prepared to share ideas, tech tools, management techniques and so on…
This is expected to be a fun, practical way of sharing your ideas.
When you head off you’ll also receive a fun little goodie bag… I’m not going to tell you what’s in it… that’s a surprise… all part of the fun of goodie bags!
Many thanks to Kate from Symantec and her team for arranging the goodie bags and sponsorship, and also to Judith Lewis and the I-Level Search team for offering their fun informal office space!
- Date & Time: Friday, 20th February 2009, 6:30pm for a 7pm start
- End Time: The event will finish at 9.30pm, with those interested flowing on to a local pub afterwards
The Accused movie Echelon Conspiracy download
- Venue: Vinyan movie download I-Level Seach Office see Directions for more details!
- Hosted by: Girl Geek Dinners and Symantec – Venue space donated by I-Level Search
- Food & Drink: Snacks and refreshments provided courtesy of Symantec
- Subject for the evening: Life Hacking
- Format: Reception, Group Discussions, Conversation
- Capacity: 50 people
- Attendees: As ever, boy geeks are welcome to attend if invited by a girl geek although on this occasion we do stress that there are few and limited spaces so more boy geeks = less girl geeks.
- Directions: Here’s a really accurate map
The closest tube station is Oxford Circus. We are only a short 5 min walk away from Oxford Circus tube station, not far from the Getty Images Gallery. The Number 7 bus has a stop for Gt Titchfield St going towards Russel Square so you can even take the bus. I am unsure of what the stop is called going in the opposite direction.From Oxford Circus station it can be very disorienting so look for Topshop or the Nike shop. You want to be on this side of the street. Now, walk along Oxford St from the Nike store, past Toipshop and Miss Selfridge. Cross and walk past Urbal Outfitters, Schuh, and lots of other shops until you come to a green booth in the middle of what was once probably a street but is now just an empty bit of pavement. Turn here and walk towards Fratelli’s coffee shop or if you can see it more easily, Bagelmania. This pagement gives way to a street which is Great Titchfield St. Walk up Great Titchfield St – you’ll have to cross a street and then walk past the DMA and cross another street. You’ll end up across the street from the DMA walking away from it. A few buildings up, you’ll be faced with a metal bar gate, half open, half closed leading up a ramp. You’ll see a door that says “we are fallon”. Just before this door is another area with a security guard in it. Go in to this area and let security know you are here for the Girl Geek Dinner at i-level search. They will point you around the corner to the left (the windows you walked past when going up the ramp) and then you will have arrived!
We will be in the back on the office in a large open space.
If you’d like to attend on 20th February, please sign up via the sign me up button below, and we’ll see you at the event!
You must be logged in to post a comment.